Great Plains Conference
Integration of Functional Nutrition by - Robert G. Silverman
The fundamental concepts behind Functional Nutrition can be mastered in an intensive weekend seminar that also teaches practitioners how to identify and treat common issues using an integrative nutritional approach. Functional Nutrition is particularly helpful for improving patient outcomes in diabetes, obesity, the metabolic syndrome, chronic fatigue, neurodegeneration, bone health, and cardiac health.
What You’ll Learn
Patients today present with complex chronic health conditions that often can be managed with therapeutic lifestyle changes. Functional Nutrition helps physicians understand the crucial role of diet and helps them guide patients to healthier lifestyles and habits, without the toxic side effects of drugs.
Participants in this course will learn how to:
- Set up a new healthcare practice or integrate Functional Nutrition into their existing practice.
- Integrate simple tools to probe beyond diagnosis and treat root causes effectively.
- Understand the environment within and how the gut microbiome influences metabolism, body composition and diabetes incidence.
- Use Functional Nutrition therapies to support bone health, detoxification processes, resolve inflammation.
- Use nutritional strategies to manage musculoskeletal injuries and cardiometabolic health.
- Basic protocols, flow charts, clinical pearls and case studies make this course particularly valuable for physicians new to the Functional Nutrition approach and eager to expand their clinical knowledge.
This two-day seminar will teach you the fundamentals of Functional Nutrition through a leading-edge, streamlined, implementable system that will provide you with actionable steps to take your practice to a whole new level.
Day 1: Integration of Functional Nutrition
6:30p – 7:00p Reception. Appetizers and wine.
7:00p – 7:15p History of Functional Nutrition
7:15p – 7:45p Introduction: America’s Epidemic
7:45p – 8:00p Dr. Rob’s Gut Matrix
8:00p – 9:00p A Multifaceted Approach to Detoxification for Optimal Health
Day 2: Integration of Functional Nutrition continued
8:00a – 9:00a Nutritional Strategies for the Management of Musculoskeletal Injuries
9:00a – 10:00a Inflammation: Balance and Resolution
10:00a – 11:00a Blood Sugar Dysregulation
11:00a – 12:00p Blood Chemistry
12:00p – 1:00p Lunch
1:00p – 2:00p Cardiometabolic Syndrome
2:00p – 3:00p Strategies to Improve Body Composition and Reduce Obesity
3:00p – 4:00p Brain and Beyond
4:00p – 5:00p General Wellness